Proper Care of Masks
Our Breathe Clear mask was designed for maximum comfort, safety and breathability. And it is machine washable. The double-ply high quality poly-cotton and the elastic straps follow all CDC recommendations and guidelines for the use of cloth masks to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. For more information on how to wash your mask CLICK HERE
Cloth face coverings are an additional step to help slow the spread of COVID-19 when combined with preventative measures like washing hands often, avoid touching your face as much as possible, and maintaining proper social distance in public settings.
Cloth face coverings should be washed after each use. It is important to always wash your hands affter handling or touching a used face covering.
How to Clean
- You can include your face covering with your regular laundry.
- Use regular laundry detergent and the warmest appropriate water setting for the cloth used to make the face covering.
Washing by Hand
- Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) household bleach per gallon of room temperature water or
- 4 teaspoons household bleach per quart of room temperature water
- IMPORTANT: Check the label to see if your bleach is intended for disinfection. Some bleach products, such as those designed for safe use on colored clothing, may not be suitable for disinfection. Ensure the bleach product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser.
- Soak the face covering in the bleach solution for 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool or room temperature water.
- Drip dry
Proper washing of your Solution Mask can help preserve it for 60, 75, even 80 uses. If you’d like more information on proper washing of your cloth masks CLICK HERE